Sara Gilbert's Sister Melissa 'Always Knew' She Was Gay
By Out.com Editors
Sara Gilbert’s sister always had a feeling.
The one-time Roseanne star was subjected to some embarrassing stories when her sister, Little House on the Prairie legend Melissa Gilbert, stopped by her CBS talk show, The Talk.
When Melissa, who’s going through a divorce with her husband of 16 years, was asked by co-host Sharon Osborne when she first thought that little sister Sara might be gay, she responded that she sort of always knew.
"You know what, I'll put it to you this way, I took her to dinner when she was in her teens and I sat her down and I gave her this long speech about how much I love you and it doesn't matter and you're my darling and blah, blah, blah and you can tell me anything,” Melissa said. “And she looked and me and she said, 'I'm not gay.' And I was like, 'OK, whatever.'"
Sara, who recently went public with her relationship with songwriter Linda Perry, couldn’t keep her sexuality a secret forever, though.
Melissa went on, "Years later she called me and we were having a conversation about something and she said, 'You know, what if I just said that I'm gay,' and I went, 'And?' I mean I think always I kinda knew."
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 19th Annual Out100
- #Out100: Behind the Scenes With Wentworth Miller, Edie Windsor, Lee Daniels & Jim Parsons
- 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year
- Wish Someone A Merry Xmas With These Matt Bomer 'Magic Mike' Holiday Cards
- Utah Marriage Ban Unconstitutional & 5 Other Things You Need to Know Today