Rick Perry Manages to Offend Gays AND Non-Christians in Record Time
By Mike Berlin
If running for President of the U.S. was a popularity contest, Rick Perry must not have gotten the memo. Or he just believes that the demographic he's appealing to in this new campaign ad—Christians with an antigay stance—will be enough to float him to victory in 2012. Says Perry: "You don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know that there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school." We don't even know whether this utterly insane logic—equating the proliferation of gay rights with religious persecution—requires any further scrutiny, since it's so baseless. But we find his stance anything but "strong."
Photo: Getty Images
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!