Rick Perry Manages to Offend Gays AND Non-Christians in Record Time
By Mike Berlin
If running for President of the U.S. was a popularity contest, Rick Perry must not have gotten the memo. Or he just believes that the demographic he's appealing to in this new campaign ad—Christians with an antigay stance—will be enough to float him to victory in 2012. Says Perry: "You don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know that there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military, but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school." We don't even know whether this utterly insane logic—equating the proliferation of gay rights with religious persecution—requires any further scrutiny, since it's so baseless. But we find his stance anything but "strong."
Photo: Getty Images
READER COMMENTS (
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Check Out Exclusive Animated GIFs of Chris O'Dowd and Nick Frost's Epic Dance-off
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua
- Elizabeth Banks Reveals Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson are Graduating in 'Pitch Perfect 2'