A Gay Wedding Wake-Up Call From Australia
By Jon Roth
The first time we saw this video, well, we just kept rewatching it.
After about the first five views (and a few minutes spent pining over that hunky love interest) we went ahead and visited GetUp: Action For Australia, a grass-roots advocacy organization that "aims to build an accountable and progressive Australia."
The video's been released in anticipation of an upcoming vote within the Australian Labor Party (the country's governing party), which will determine whether or not they'll make it their policy to end marriage discrimination. If you want to help the cause, you can head over here and make a donation – they're hoping to run this spot on TV.
Can you imagine if this ran on US cable?
We can't think of a better way to get the message across.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki