Elton John: Now In Ballet Form
By Jon Roth
Beyond his many albums, Sir Elton Hercules (Hercules?) John has written songs for the stage and screen, but this may be the first ballet set exclusively to his songs. Presented by the Alberta Ballet, under the direction of choreographer Jean Grand-Maitre, "Love Lies Bleeding" follows the experience of "Elton Fan" as he goes through a life that closely mirrors Elton's own. There are stylized depictions of drug use (and rejection), gay oppression (and love), and plenty of conflict with a band of detractors, The Demonics.
The show runs through November 12 at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts in Toronto, Ontario (you can get tickets here) so if you're in the area, hurry up and reserve yourself a seat!
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- The New State of Kevin Allison: Unashamed, Unfiltered but Always Honest
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- Cast of Fun Home & Alison Bechdel Visited South Carolina to Counter Homophobic Controversy
- Sean Dorsey: Giving Voice (and Dance) to a Generation Lost to AIDS
- EXCLUSIVE: Arrange Covers P!nk’s ‘Don’t Let Me Get Me'