Face to Face: Active Child
By Raef Harrison
L.A.-based musician Pat Grossi, aka Active Child, stopped by Out to talk about his new album You Are All I See (Vagrant Records). While his sound is somewhat ancient and ethereal, and often sung in Grossi's haunting, angelic falsetto, he sites R&B as early inspiration.
"I think a lot of people can connect to R&B," Grossi says, citing early D'Angelo and R. Kelly as influences. "It has really beautiful melodies and is based lyrically around love. It's sexual-based music."
See Pat Grossi talking about what it was like putting his album together:
And see him perform live in our studio:
Liked what you heard? Read more about Active Child and see two more performances over on Out.com
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Have 30 Minutes to Watch a Lana Del Rey's Short Film?
- WATCH: Chris Lilley Teases New 'Summer Heights High' Spin-Off
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad