Quickies: Wednesday, July 27 2011
By Noah Michelson
> Rachel Maddow and MSNBC are being sued for $50 million by You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International, Inc., a foundation "dedicated to restoring morality and values in the nation's youth," for allegedly defaming its founder, Christian metal rocker Bradlee Dean. The detailed ridiculousness of this suit -- which involves a comment Dean made about homosexuality and Muslims -- is too much for Quickies, but read all about it here.
> Three gay couples were welcomed on stage and married at the Sunday matinee of Broadway's Hair. See the video here.
> Justin Bieber and his dad got matching tattoo on their rib cages.
> MTV to air an Amy Winehouse tribute tonight at 6:30pm ET.
> Come September McDonald's will be making their Happy Meals healthier by including more fruit, shrinking the size of fries, and offering the option of swapping out vegetables for fries. Parents will also be able to choose milk instead of soda for their kids.
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Tegan And Sara Call Miley Cyrus 'This Generation's Madonna'
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Outgrowing Texas: A Gay Adolescence Under the Lone Star
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad