John Galliano Fired from Dior
By Max Berlinger
And just like that it has been announced that the designer John Galliano has been fired from the house of Christian Dior, ending his run as designer which began in 1996. Christian Dior Chief Executive Sidney Toledano released this statement: "I very firmly condemn what was said by John Galliano, which totally contradicts the values which have always been defended by Christian Dior."
Well, there you have it folks. Sadly, this whole situation came out of left field, and although Galliano has created beautiful clothing in the past, it's clear that darker demons lurk underneath. It will be interesting to hear what will happen with the Dior ready-to-wear show which is scheduled for this Friday in Paris and Galliano's own namesake show, which is scheduled for Sunday.
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- 17th Annual Out100
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film