Chatter: George Michael on Going to Jail
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
"This was a hugely shameful thing to have done repeatedly... So karmically I felt like I had a bill to pay. I went to prison, I paid my bill...Remarkably enough, I know people must think it was a really horrific experience -- it's so much easier to take any form of punishment if you believe you actually deserve it, and I did...It wasn't a weekend break, put it that way. I didn't feel sorry for myself. I thought, 'Oh my God, this place is absolutely filthy, because it was Pentonville'. I just thought, you get your head down."
-- Singer -- and bad boy -- George Michael discussing his time in jail after driving his Range Rover through a shop window while high.
Previously > Ke$ha Puts Her Face on Lifestyles Condoms
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet