Chatter: George Michael on Going to Jail
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
"This was a hugely shameful thing to have done repeatedly... So karmically I felt like I had a bill to pay. I went to prison, I paid my bill...Remarkably enough, I know people must think it was a really horrific experience -- it's so much easier to take any form of punishment if you believe you actually deserve it, and I did...It wasn't a weekend break, put it that way. I didn't feel sorry for myself. I thought, 'Oh my God, this place is absolutely filthy, because it was Pentonville'. I just thought, you get your head down."
-- Singer -- and bad boy -- George Michael discussing his time in jail after driving his Range Rover through a shop window while high.
Previously > Ke$ha Puts Her Face on Lifestyles Condoms
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete