Quickies: Thursday, January 20 2011
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
> Adam Lambert (whose look of the moment appears to be a bit of an homage to The Shaggy Dog) is gearing up to return to the airwaves this summer with a new single and promises a potentially "darker" album on the store shelves this fall.
> Anne Hathaway confirmed to play Kurt's (Chris Colfer) lesbian aunt on an upcoming episode of Glee.
> In other Glee news, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss take to the cover of Entertainment Weekly for a story about gay teens on television.
> New regulations regarding hospital visitation went into effect earlier this week requiring hospitals partaking in Medicare and Medicaid to allow all patients to decide visitation rights, as well as who to entrust with making medical decisions on their behalf, regardless of sexual or gender identity.
> Jennifer Garner confesses she was drunk the last time she was on The Martha Stewart Show. Sounds like a perfectly good time to us.
> The GLAAD Awards nominations are here and among the nominees are The Kids Are All Right, Burlesque, I Love You Phillip Morris, Glee, True Blood, Project Runway, and yours truly, Out magazine (along with our sister publication, The Advocate).
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary