It's Spreading: The A List is Going Global
By Max Berlinger
Just when we thought it would soon be safe to turn our television sets back on, we learned the popular(?) Logo television show The A List is going to soon be infecting other cities. Up next are Los Angeles (typical) and Dallas (huh?) where Gawker hears the production company True Entertainment -- yes, that's who you can blame for this hot mess -- is going to be holding casting calls.
This deserves a big time eye-roll if you ask us. It's embarrassing enough to have these bottom-feeders (haha, pun intended) giving New York a bad name, but to make it a nation-wide mortification parade is just too, too much. Now we'll be honest, the show is amusing at times, but it mostly just reinforces awful stereotypes -- in addition to creating awful new ones -- that set our cause back as opposed to moving it forward.
Previously > America's Queer Community Sits for a Portrait
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Gay Pop Culture, Entertainment, Icons Popnography