Need To Know: Alexis Houston
By Noah Michelson
Alexis Houston (yes -- one of those Houstons, she's Whitney's half-sister) just released her debut album Speak Love -- Life Lessons last week. A solid mix of R&B, soul, and dance, the album has unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you feel about the old adage "all publicity is good publicity") been overshadowed by a slew of rumors, including one about the singer hiding a transgender secret.
We caught up with Houston to chat about how she got her start in the business, Speak Love -- Life Lessons serving as her "musical autobiography," and that trans rumor:
For more info on Houston, visit her official website here.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- My Prison Pen Pal: Why I befriended a convicted sex offender
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- Jodie Foster Marries Girlfriend Alexandra Hedison