Need To Know: Alexis Houston
By Noah Michelson
Alexis Houston (yes -- one of those Houstons, she's Whitney's half-sister) just released her debut album Speak Love -- Life Lessons last week. A solid mix of R&B, soul, and dance, the album has unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you feel about the old adage "all publicity is good publicity") been overshadowed by a slew of rumors, including one about the singer hiding a transgender secret.
We caught up with Houston to chat about how she got her start in the business, Speak Love -- Life Lessons serving as her "musical autobiography," and that trans rumor:
For more info on Houston, visit her official website here.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It