Kate Clinton's Lady HaHa Storms NYC
By Jessanne Collins
When the lovely and wry Kate Clinton take the stage as Lady HaHa in her new one-woman show at New York City's Dixon Place on October 1, 2, and 3, nobody will be safe. Except, of course, for the audience, who'll watch delightedly from their seats as the LGBT community's premiere comedienne adroitly eviscerates the powers that be from right to left.
Using her signature blend of feminism, humor, and political commentary in her ongoing pursuit of Truth, Justice, and the American Way, Clinton skewers deniers and disruptors, birthers and dearthers, conservadems and bibliocrats, spine flu and whine flu, ex-gays and A-gays, the audacity of nope and of course, the Pope.
Continuing her long tradition of giving back to the LGBT, creative, and human community, this Comic without Borders has designated her October 1st show as a benefit for Dixon Place, ensuring the venue's continuing mission to support, encourage, and showcase innovative performances.
-- Eddie Sarfaty
Kate Clinton appears Friday, October 1 at 8 p.m., as benefit for Dixon Place (dessert reception with Clinton to follow)!, as well as Saturday, October 2 and Sunday, October 3. Click here for ticket info.
Previously > Need To Know: Katie Aselton
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film