Kate Clinton's Lady HaHa Storms NYC
By Jessanne Collins
When the lovely and wry Kate Clinton take the stage as Lady HaHa in her new one-woman show at New York City's Dixon Place on October 1, 2, and 3, nobody will be safe. Except, of course, for the audience, who'll watch delightedly from their seats as the LGBT community's premiere comedienne adroitly eviscerates the powers that be from right to left.
Using her signature blend of feminism, humor, and political commentary in her ongoing pursuit of Truth, Justice, and the American Way, Clinton skewers deniers and disruptors, birthers and dearthers, conservadems and bibliocrats, spine flu and whine flu, ex-gays and A-gays, the audacity of nope and of course, the Pope.
Continuing her long tradition of giving back to the LGBT, creative, and human community, this Comic without Borders has designated her October 1st show as a benefit for Dixon Place, ensuring the venue's continuing mission to support, encourage, and showcase innovative performances.
-- Eddie Sarfaty
Kate Clinton appears Friday, October 1 at 8 p.m., as benefit for Dixon Place (dessert reception with Clinton to follow)!, as well as Saturday, October 2 and Sunday, October 3. Click here for ticket info.
Previously > Need To Know: Katie Aselton
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix