Gaultier Goes Big: Beth Ditto Walks in Paris Fashion Week
By Max Berlinger
Jean Paul Gaultier, Paris' resident l'enfant terrible, pulled out all the stops over the weekend for his spring/summer 2011 show. Although reviews for the collection itself were mixed, everyone was pleased that Gaultier added some more voluptuous models to the mix, including Crystal Renn and lead singer of the Gossip, Beth Ditto (who both opened and closed the show). “It was frightening and amazing, the way everything should be,” she said of walking in the legendary designer's show.
Runway diversity has been a bit of a buzz issue the past few seasons, ranging from race to weight, but this seems like a bit of a novelty casting. Regardless, we love Ditto and we love that Gaultier asked her to walk the show. It was a real treat and it seemed that model and designer both were happy with the partnership.
Photo courtesy of Getty
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Out Magazine - Gay & Lesbian Travel, Fashion, Culture & Politics
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Gay Fashion Blog - What Truman Says Goes