Chatter: Kathy Griffin
By Phillip Crook
"I think my mother, of course, very innocently was the kiss of death when she said to my then-boyfriend Tom, “You’re prettier than any of the girls.” [Laughs] And in those days, that was maybe the first red flag -- when the guys were prettier than the girls. And frankly, when the guys wanted to be prettier than the girls. I didn’t know exactly what it meant to be gay, I just knew I wanted to be near them."
-- Kathy Griffin discussing the first time she first became aware of The Gays during her Out.com interview. Kathy's new book, Official Book Club Selection, hits stores on September 8th and she'll be at Barnes & Noble in Tribeca, New York City, (97 Warren St. [at Greenwich St.]) at 7:00 pm that night to read a little something-something, sign books, cavort with her adoring fans, and officially kick off her career as a splashy celebrity memoirist.
Previously > Chatter: Tim Gunn
READER COMMENTS (
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- Chris Tyler's Pop Culture Obsession With Blowjobs, Gaga & TRL Is Changing the Face of Drag