Chatter: Kathy Griffin
By Phillip Crook
"I think my mother, of course, very innocently was the kiss of death when she said to my then-boyfriend Tom, “You’re prettier than any of the girls.” [Laughs] And in those days, that was maybe the first red flag -- when the guys were prettier than the girls. And frankly, when the guys wanted to be prettier than the girls. I didn’t know exactly what it meant to be gay, I just knew I wanted to be near them."
-- Kathy Griffin discussing the first time she first became aware of The Gays during her Out.com interview. Kathy's new book, Official Book Club Selection, hits stores on September 8th and she'll be at Barnes & Noble in Tribeca, New York City, (97 Warren St. [at Greenwich St.]) at 7:00 pm that night to read a little something-something, sign books, cavort with her adoring fans, and officially kick off her career as a splashy celebrity memoirist.
Previously > Chatter: Tim Gunn
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series