Big Night Out: The Ninth Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Benefit
By Noah Michelson
Photos: Jaime McCarthy -- Wireimage
Last night marked the ninth annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Benefit at Cipriani Wall Street, and Sir Elton (above) and his husband David Furnish seem to have gotten all of their friends to turn out in style, apparently with cash in hand -- the event raised over $2 million dollars. A silent auction included a lunch with the evening’s host, Anderson Cooper, who suggested that he might put out on the date -- a joke that fell rather flat with gay men in the audience who seemed to collectively roll their eyes. The luncheon did however go for $70k. Also on hand at the black tie gala were Hugh Jackman (below left), Baz Lerhmann (below right), Billie Jean King, Vera Wang, Bryan Batt, Christina Ricci, and Cheyenne Jackson.
And Reg didn’t just show up to glad hand -- he also performed seven songs, including "Tiny Dancer," "Levon," and "Rocket Man." For future note: a ticket to the EJAF is well worth the price of admission, because as a host, he comes to play.
-- BILL KEITH
Previously > Need To Know: Oh Land
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Travel & Nightlife - Food, Drink & City Guides
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto