TIFF Gets A Little Bit Gayer
By Nick Stergiopoulos
We already wrote about the new films by John Cameron Mitchell and Francois Ozon that will premier at the Toronto International Film Festival. Now another gay filmmaker has been added to the prestigious lineup -- Dustin Lance Black!
The Oscar-winning screenwriter of Milk is sitting in the director's chair this time around. His new film, What's Wrong With Virginia, filmed in seven weeks in Holland, Michigan, is an intimate drama starring Ed Harris and Jennifer Connelly. It tells the story of a love affair between a psychologically disturbed woman and the local married, Mormon sheriff.
Dustin Lance Black is currently working on the screenplay of Clint Eastwood's Hoover, a biopic of the infamously queer FBI director. And since Leonardo diCaprio is starring as John Edgar, Black essentially has the power to make Leo dress in drag and kiss guys. Use it wisely!
-- NICK STERGIOPOULOS
Previously > Sookie, Eric, and Bill Bloody Up Rolling Stone
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!