Need To Know: Scandelle
By Noah Michelson
Scandelle, the self-proclaimed "drag queen tranny rock star," NYC nightlife fixture, and CEO of Juice Records has just released her newest single, "La Chocha." In the song, Scandelle sets her search for a top to do her right against a dance floor beat in an effort to both show off her provocative and sexy approach to trans visibility -- and to get you to shake your stuff.
We caught up with the charmingly fierce (and that's not a word we use often or lightly) singer when she dropped by our studio last week to chat about how growing up in the then-tough neighborhood of Fort Greene, Brooklyn, taught her how to work it at an early age, the secrets behind "La Chocha," and why transgender people are true pioneers:
Scandelle and Juice Records are throwing a launch party for the "La Chocha" single featuring live performances and giveaways this Friday night in NYC at 8pm at Vig 27, 119 East 27th Street. For more info on the party and Scandelle visit her MySpace page as well as the official Juice Records website.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > Need To Know: Louise Roe
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection