More Glee News: Britney, George Michael, and The Beatles
By Nick Stergiopoulos
Apparently getting put under by John Stamos makes you hallucinate about Britney Spears. Glee creator Ryan Murphy announced Tuesday that the Spears songs performed on an upcoming episode will be the result of... dentist anesthesia? He also confirmed that the pop singer will, in fact, be making a cameo (her idea).
Murphy also ensured that he will be taking the high road with regards to Spears' representation, refraining from bringing up the troubling details of her personal life: "Britney Spears is pop culture, and I think she's been through a lot. I want to do something that just sort of says, you know what, 'thank you for what you have done. And we're encouraging you to continue to be doing as fantastic as you are.'"
And as if the show weren't gay enough, Murphy is also planning an episode that will honor the music of George Michael, hoping to introduce young viewers to the artist and his classic album, Faith. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Michael will be able to make an appearance.
In addition, Paul McCartney recently sent the Glee creator a mix-tape of some of his songs, declaring his appreciation of the show. Murphy says that he would love to do a Beatles episode. He's also keeping Prince on the table.
Finally, the music of Susan Boyle will be used for a special Christmas episode.
Previously > Keeping Track of Glee Updates
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection