Antony to Release Book of Artwork Along with New Album
By Nick Stergiopoulos
The fourth Antony and the Johnsons album, Swanlights, is set to release on October 12, and the group has announced that it will be accompanied by a book of frontman Antony Hegarty's artwork. The band, which burst onto the scene with the 2005 Mercury Prize-winning album I Am A Bird Now, is known for its emotionally devastating music and exploration of queer and spiritual themes.
This time around, Antony will provide us with a more in-depth look at his psyche through painting, photography, drawing, and writing. In Antony's words, "swanlights," the central image of the album, refers to "the reflection of light on the surface of the water at night. It's the moment when a spirit jumps out of a body and turns into a violet ghost." Accordingly, his 144-page book of experimental art promises a unique perspective on man's relationship with the natural and spiritual world.
-- NICK STERGIOPOULOS
Previously > Need To Know: Dan Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Which Oscar-Diva Movie Should You See?
- Tegan And Sara Call Miley Cyrus 'This Generation's Madonna'
- 19th Annual Out100
- Outgrowing Texas: A Gay Adolescence Under the Lone Star