Antony to Release Book of Artwork Along with New Album
By Nick Stergiopoulos
The fourth Antony and the Johnsons album, Swanlights, is set to release on October 12, and the group has announced that it will be accompanied by a book of frontman Antony Hegarty's artwork. The band, which burst onto the scene with the 2005 Mercury Prize-winning album I Am A Bird Now, is known for its emotionally devastating music and exploration of queer and spiritual themes.
This time around, Antony will provide us with a more in-depth look at his psyche through painting, photography, drawing, and writing. In Antony's words, "swanlights," the central image of the album, refers to "the reflection of light on the surface of the water at night. It's the moment when a spirit jumps out of a body and turns into a violet ghost." Accordingly, his 144-page book of experimental art promises a unique perspective on man's relationship with the natural and spiritual world.
-- NICK STERGIOPOULOS
Previously > Need To Know: Dan Black
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection