30 First (Gay) Dates
By Justin McCraw
Like some sort of gay reality television show contestant, Kevin Richberg will travel for 30 days through 30 cities to have 30 first dates in order to find his soul mate. The 32-year-old MIT graduate says he thought of the idea while traveling through a new city in India almost everyday. Coupling this with his bachelorhood, he decided he could do the same thing but in America and with a more romantic underpinning.
Richberg will select from among a series of applicants (currently 350, according to this interview) who must answer a series of 10 questions, which don't include appearance or age. He says he's looking for something outside the realm of superficiality and wants anything that happens to be authentic. This also means no sex on the first date, but perhaps a goodnight kiss.
This entire adventure will take place on his blog, 30 Dates. 30 Days. 30 Cities., so "viewers" can keep up with his dating antics. To apply yourself, check the link here, and to Richberg, happy fishing.
-- JUSTIN McCRAW
Previously > Catching Up With Kristin Cavallari
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Queer Producers Making Waves In Hollywood
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua