Mickey Rourke Plays Gay?
By Nick Stergiopoulos
Photo: Getty Images
Did you ever wonder if Mickey Rourke could play gay? At
first, when he was young, we were hopeful. Later on we were mildly intrigued.
And lately if we gave it a thought at all, it was with a mild shudder. Still,
the wreck of a man has a certain something (and we don’t mean the dodgy-looking
And who could he play? We’re not saying all gays are
lookers, but for a movie of someone’s life, it’s a help. And so we’re half-delighted and half-stunned by the news that it might just happen, with talk of
a movie about the life of Brit rugby star Gareth Thomas, whose coming out we’ve
covered in these pages.
The Sun newspaper has the report, saying the pair
got to chatting after being on the same chat show. Their managers, say the
paper, are keen to make it happen.
Previously > The Elton John Intervention Wish List
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It