What's Pride Without Cocktails?
By Nick Stergiopoulos
It’s no secret that gay men love vodka. Appropriately, Skyy
Vodka is returning as the official sponsor of NYC’s Heritage of Pride. It will
be served at all major Pride events, including Rapture and Dance on the Pier.
To spice things up, Skyy has prepared a collection of
specialty cocktails for the weekend (talk about winning us over!), including “Glamour
Guuuurrl,” “Lean, Mean, Pineapple Queen,” and “Muscle Man Muddler.”
Personally, I’ll take the “Boyfriend Snatcher." Here's the recipe:
2 oz. SKYY
2 oz. X-Rated
3 Pineapple Chunks
Crush pineapple in
bottom of cocktail shaker. Add rest of ingredients with ice and shake
vigorously. Strain into chilled Martini glass and garnish with pineapple
Skyy is also sponsoring AIDS Project Los Angeles, Equality
California, Fusion, and Frameline33 -- San Francisco’s LGBT Film Festival.
-- NICK STERGIOPOULOS
Previously > The Spotted Pig Does Pride
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS