The Bearded Gentleman
By Noah Michelson
Everyone knows a soul patch from a goatee, but there are finer points of facial hair, which beard specialist Allan Peterkin and grooming guru Nick Burns illuminate in The Bearded Gentleman (Arsenal Pulp Press, $14.95). From the basic (avoiding ingrowns) to the very specific (achieving the ultimate Klingon), the definitive manual offers advice and instructions for dozens of looks. Our suggestion? Leave the Fu Manchu to the amateurs and use this book to coin your own signature style.
For more on beards and the men who sport them, head to Out.com.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'