By Noah Michelson
Photo courtesy of The Broward Palm Beach New Times
Who couldn’t love a tiny Chihuahua in a wig named Conchita? Not us, for sure. And not heiress Gail Posner, who just died and left the dog (along with her sisters, April Maria, a Maltese, and Lucia, a Yorkshire Terrier) a $3m trust fund and an $8.3m Miami mansion to live in.
Previously, Posner is said to have purchased Conchita a $15,000 Cartier necklace, then announced it wasn’t to the dog’s liking, saying: “Conchita is the only girl I know who doesn’t consider diamonds a girl’s best friend.”
Also, in a bizarre interview with a local paper last year, Posner said reports that Conchita was getting a new Range Rover were exaggerated, adding: “We actually have made the decision not to get her the Range Rover. Instead, I got a new car and gave her the Escalade. She, along with her two sisters, gets driven in it to and from their weekly puppy spa appointment, where they get manis and pedis. The Escalade is gold.”
The unhappy party in all this is Posner’s son, who claims his mom was brainwashed by her staff -- they were left $35m, while he was left only $1m. For now, while the son’s legal action is pending, Conchita and posse continue to live the high life in the mansion, waited on by the attentive staff.
For the full interview with Posner from 2009 that ran in The Broward Palm Beach New Times, click here.
Previously > Things that make you go eww
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary