Billy Elliot director scores prestigious Olympics gig
By Aaron Hicklin
Theater and film director, Stephen Daldry, who describes himself as gay, despite being married to performance artist Lucy Sexton, has been given the role of creative director for the London Olympics 2012, alongside Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle. Daldry, who directed both the movie and stage version of Billy Elliot, as well as The Hours and The Reader, said he was delighted to be part of the team. The director, who is currently in talks with Disney about a stage version of Dumbo, has about $60 million to spend on the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympic and Paralympic Games--about $40 million less than was spent in Beijing. No word yet on whether the cuter Billy will be lip-synching to the less cute one with the set of pipes.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film