Barbra Streisand Was Here
By Noah Michelson
Who knew that the “Customers Who Bought This Also Bought…” feature at Amazon.com was a show-tune loving homosexual? While randomly perusing the titles on some other ridiculously gay subject, I came across Barbra Streisand in New York City – a veritable bible of every street, building, park bench and trash can within the five boroughs that has significance in the life of the icon.
Though it might not be much to look at, the book is packed with fun facts and traces the geographical and chronological trajectory of Barbra’s rise form dollar-and-a-dream Jewish girl (Brooklyn) to penthouse-purchasing diva (Upper East Side). My tip: if you’re a planning to be a tourist in New York, try and save your self some shame: leave the dime-a-dozen guide book at home and walk the streets of New York in the steps of its favorite daughter. Just don’t get freaked out by the shrine I’ve set up at 40 West 8th Street.
Barbra Streisand in New York City (Outskirts Press) by Bernie Ardia is available at Amazon.com.
-- DAVID SARNA GALDI
Previously > Spanish Clinic Peddles Pills to Cure Gays
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'