About a Boy (George)
By Jessanne Collins
We missed the excellent BBC drama about Boy George, which wasn't screened in the U.S. and gave us that really annoying “this content is not available in your region” thing when we tried to stream it. But, for those of us hoping for a new album sometime soon, and who
remember George in his perfect youth, here’s a clip to remind you why
we all went nuts for him then -- and have a soft spot for him now.
George wasn’t the biggest fan of the show, it turns out. He tweeted: “Verdict, beautifully shot and styled but badly written, it lacks heart and soul!”
But the extremely hot young actor who played George -- Douglas Booth -- is set to play gay again in Christopher and His Kind, the Christopher Isherwood story. Isherwood is played by Matt Smith, currently knocking us dead as the new Dr. Who, and Booth plays a street cleaner Isherwood had a brief fling with. The 90-minute BBC drama is shot on location in Ireland. Who knows, BBC America might even help us out and show it over here?
Previously > Need To Know: Electroqueer's Raj Rudolph
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- Martha Stewart’s Sex Tips Are As Good Her Baking Tips