The Five Gayest Moments of The Real Housewives of New York: Season 3
By Jessanne Collins
3. “Money Can’t Buy You Class“
No it can’t, girl! But it can buy Auto-Tune and a fabulous weave! LuAnn has taken her first step toward gay icondom with this Eartha Kitt–meets-RuPaul melody. The aforementioned weave, the corset, and the tranny-sexy voice make this song the gay anthem of the summer, sure to be played at every Fire Island tea party. Aside from my observation that “MCBUC“ deserves a Junior Vasquez remix, I think Kelly Ripa made the most astute comment about this song when she told Andy Cohen that she’d like to hear Cher do a cover version.
4. Jill’s ice skating party
Skating is the “so-gay it can only be played at the Olympics” cousin of all other sports. Jill Zarin channeled Johnny Weir when she decided to throw her birthday party at Central Park's Wollman Rink, don a bedazzled leotard, and do her best triple axel for spectators. She’s just lucky that Bethenny didn't go Tonya Harding on her ass.
5. Simon’s half-skirt
Simon’s gayness strikes again. Although he’s neither Scottish nor a woman, Simon saw it fit to wear half of a pleated skirt to Ramona’s vow renewal ceremony at the Pierre Hotel. WTF!? Simon, Marc Jacobs called -- and he’s not happy.
-- David Sarna Galdi
Previously > Gaga for Glee
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath