Sia Storms NYC
By Noah Michelson
Sia played a sold out show (dressed in what looked like a plastic turkey dress) at NYC's Terminal Five last night. The Australian singer chraged through the bulk of her new album, We Are Born, (including stand outs "Clap Your Hands," "Bring The Night," [see video above] and "The Co-Dependent") along with older favorites like "Little Black Sandals," "The Girl You Lost to Cocaine," and one of the most intensely beautiful songs of the last 50 years, "Breathe Me." In between songs she goaded the audience into heckling her, scooped up gifts thrown onto the stage by fans, and when she returned for her encore she was decked out in a pair of bubbl-spitting fairy wings.
Sia -- who co-wrote several of the songs on Christina Aguilera's new album, Bionic, due out next month -- continues her tour tonight in Richmond, Virginia, before heading over to Europe to play more shows. For all the latest updates and to buy tickets, visit her official website.
We Are Born is out on June 22.
Previously > Bring On The Chatty Front Men
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Anne Rice Brings Back Lestat For New Novel
- Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke