KRISTEENYOUNG Set to Invade NYC's Santos Party House
By Noah Michelson
It's no secret that KRISTEENYOUNG (comprised of singer-songwriter/piano marauder Kristeen Young and her drummer sidekick "Baby" Jef White) is one of my favorite acts of all time -- and I say that after discovering her only six months ago.
Young's songs are strident, discordant, disheartening and brutally melodic all at once (trust me -- it's possible) and utterly unlike anything anyone else is putting out today. She's toured with Morrissey, sang backup for David Bowie and dueted with Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump and on Thursday, May 20 at 8pm she'll be performing at NYC's Santos Party House, 96 Lafayette Street. Come get converted and pray at the altar of KRISTEENYOUNG with me -- I promise you won't regret it (and if you do, I'll be there and you can [try to] kick my ass but I can pretty much guarantee you'll be too busy getting hyno-mesmerized by the show).
For more info, head to the official KRISTEENYOUNG site.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > Need To Know: Kristeen Young
READER COMMENTS (
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad