Chatter: Martie Maguire of The Dixie Chicks/Court Yard Hounds
By Noah Michelson
"Reba McEntire [was one of the people in the audience who obviously wished we hadn't won a Grammy in 2007.] She wouldn’t even clap. Then the camera panned to her, so she mustered a little applause for the camera. That was actually captured on the telecast. She’s been outwardly critical of us. Some of it has been poking fun and that’s fine, because we have been the butt of jokes. However, some of it, and not just Reba in particular, was pretty harsh."
-- Dixie Chick and Court Yard Hounds band member Martie Maguire discussing the lack of support from the country community after Dixie Chick Natalie Maines' controversial comments which disapproved of then President George Bush. To read our full interview with Maguire, head to Out.com
Previously > Hummer: Xtina's "You Lost Me"
READER COMMENTS (
- A GAY LOVE LETTER TO JAMES FRANCO
- Chris Tyler's Pop Culture Obsession With Blowjobs, Gaga & TRL Is Changing the Face of Drag
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film