Chatter: Martie Maguire of The Dixie Chicks/Court Yard Hounds
By Noah Michelson
"Reba McEntire [was one of the people in the audience who obviously wished we hadn't won a Grammy in 2007.] She wouldn’t even clap. Then the camera panned to her, so she mustered a little applause for the camera. That was actually captured on the telecast. She’s been outwardly critical of us. Some of it has been poking fun and that’s fine, because we have been the butt of jokes. However, some of it, and not just Reba in particular, was pretty harsh."
-- Dixie Chick and Court Yard Hounds band member Martie Maguire discussing the lack of support from the country community after Dixie Chick Natalie Maines' controversial comments which disapproved of then President George Bush. To read our full interview with Maguire, head to Out.com
Previously > Hummer: Xtina's "You Lost Me"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- What Are Nathan Lane & Patti LuPone Really Like? Here's the Broadway Gossip!