Leslie Jordan's Easter Parade
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Timmy Blupe
Leslie Jordan, Emmy award-winning actor famous for scene stealing guest spots on Will & Grace, Ally McBeal, Boston Public, and Sordid Lives and author of the memoir My Trip Down Down The Pink Carpet, is bringing his solo show of the same name to NYC. On Sunday, his first day back in the city from Los Angeles, Jordan donned an Easter bonnet and walked in the annual Easter Bonnet Parade -- not a bad way to announce his arrival on the East Coast.
My Trip Down The Pink Carpet will run at the Midtown Theater (163 West 46th Street) beginning on Wednesday, April 14, with an official opening night set for Monday evening, April 19. David Galligan directs the 12-week limited engagement. Tony Award-winner Lily Tomlin and her longtime collaborator, writer/director Jane Wagner have joined the producing team that includes Harris, Jack W. Batman, Dennis Grimaldi, Jean McFaddin-Susan Falk, Daniel Wallace, D. Michael Dvorchak, and Jim McLaughlin.
Performance schedule: Wednesday – Saturday at 9 p.m. & Sunday at 6 p.m. Tickets are $55 General Seating and $79.50 Premium Seating and are now on sale at Theatermania.com and (212) 352-3101.
For more information, visit Jordan's official website.
Previously > What the Straight Kids Are Doing
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary