Hummer: Kate Nash's "Do Wah Doo"
By Noah Michelson
Sure, Kate Nash knows how to write catchy songs. Her debut album, Made of Bricks, is one of my favorites simply because she can take a killer piano line, drape some programming over it, and after hearing the chorus once, you're already singing along. But what I love even more than her music is her ability to take the cliche trappings of love and the mundane moments of daily life and make them feel hugely important and instantly relatable. Who among us hasn't been in love with a jerk who didn't love us back and forced us to find a way to be happy just "watching a sunset" by ourselves ("Merry Happy")? And who hasn't been confused by where an entanglement with a boy was going before thinking, Ah, cripes! Screw everything! I just want to be kissed! ("Pumpkin Soup")?
Kate is back this spring with her sophomore album, My Best Friend Is You. The first single, "Do Wah Doo," and its whimsical Airplane-esque video, just debuted:
Have a listen, have a look, and then head over to Kate's website for all the latest info and the chance to win a trip for you and three of your friends to see her play in London.
Previously > Hummer: Owen Pallett's "Lewis Takes Off His Shirt"
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever