I Love You Phillip Morris Hits the U.K.
By Andrew Wailes
Yesterday, the new film I Love You Phillip Morris was released in the U.K. The Mirror raved about performances by both Jim Carrey and Out cover boy Ewan McGregor. Telegraph called it a "witty and engaging film" that proves that "love has its own strange logic."
The film is based on the true story of Steven Russell (played by Jim Carrey). Early in the movie, Russell realizes he's gay after a car accident-induced life reassessment. He leaves his wife and police force job, deciding to throw all caution to the winds and live each day to the fullest. He spends loads more money than he can afford, eventually landing himself in jail for his adopted con man lifestyle. In jail he meets the soft-spoken Phillip Morris (played by Ewan McGregor), whom he falls head over heels in love with. The rest of the movie follows Russell as he fights to get Morris out of jail and build them the perfect life together.
I Love You Phillip Morris is set for an April 30 US release. We can't wait!
-- ANDREW WAILES
Previously > Mika Gets "Kick-Ass"
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series