Paula Deen to Judge American Idol?
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
We're just four weeks into American Idol and we're already missing Paula Abdul's blubbery nonsense. But, even though we can't have our quaalude queen back, rumor has it that there's a new Paula headed to the Kodak Theatre.
A source tells E!'s Marc Malkin that Paula Deen, the empress of an empire built on butter -- including cookbooks, three Food Network shows and an upcoming talk show from Telepictures, the same production company as new AI host Ellen DeGeneres -- has been in talks to guest judge one of the upcoming episodes of the biggest reality television music competition in the land.
Try as we might, grossed out as we are by her food, we just can't not like the woman. Is it her touching, legendary tale of overcoming agoraphobia? Is it her penchant for making meals -- from bread pudding to burgers -- with Krispy Kreme donuts? Her Santa Clausian husband? Whatever it is -- we've got our bibs on and we're ready for her to tell those pesky kids what's what.
Previously > American Idol: Gwen and Gaga Sudden Death
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way