Lt. Dan Choi Returns to Duty
By Jessanne Collins
Out 100 Newsmaker of the Year Lt. Dan Choi, who became a spokesperson for the movement to repeal "don't ask, don't tell" after coming out on the Rachel Maddow show last spring and being suspended from his position, has been called back to duty. In an interview with The Advocate, he said that he'd been waiting since June to hear the decision of an Army National Guard committee, which has finally granted him permission to return to drill duty. "Initially, I sensed a feeling of territorialism," he said. "They were
like, 'That's right, he came back to us!'"
Previously > Caprica's Gay Gangster
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix