Hummer: Jónsi's "Go Do"
By Noah Michelson
Jón Þór Birgisson -- aka Jónsi -- the lead singer of Sigur Rós and one half of Jónsi & Alex (the other half is his boyfriend, Alex Somers -- both men were featured in our 2009 Out 100) is gearing up to release his first solo album, Go, due out on April 6. We were lucky enough to get an advance copy of Go and it is nothing short of stunning. Decidedly more upbeat than the often melancholic Sigur Rós albums (but just as dreamy), Jónsi's solo effort is already on track to be one of our favorite albums of the year.
Watch the Marilyn-Mason-on-uppers-esque video for the first single from Go, "Go Do," and then head to Jónsi's site to get your tickets to his upcoming North American shows (pre-sale tickets are now available and we suggest you get 'em while you can: we guarantee all of these shows are going to sell out).
And look for our exclusive interview with Jónsi on Out.com at the end of March.
Previously > Gaga Gets Inked (Again)
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- A Brief History of 'Same Love'
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome