Remembering Kate McGarrigle
By Noah Michelson
Kate McGarrigle, folk singer, ex-wife of Loudon Waingwright III, and mother of musicians Rufus and Martha Wainwright, died Monday night at the age of 63 after succumbing to cancer. Best known for recording 10 albums in French and English with her sister, Anna, their songs have been covered by artists like Linda Ronstadt, Billy
Bragg and Emmylou Harris.
Speaking in an interview with the London Telegraph, Rufus Wainwright once said, "The truth is, I've drawn a lot of my creative inspiration from Mum and
her background She's a very earthy, very instinctual woman,
and that comes out in her music. I knew very early on that, like her
and Dad, I wanted to be a singer-songwriter."
Previously > The Brit Award Nominations Announced
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Gay Pop Culture, Entertainment, Icons Popnography
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection