Photo Mag Features Jason Bell and the Out 100
By Jessanne Collins
Out 100 photographer Jason Bell and the Out 100 portfolio itself are the subject of The British Journal of Photography's cover story this month. Bell shares technical details of how he pulled off the three-city, 100-subject shoot in just two months and shares anecdotes from the road, including this cute tidbit about how shy he was about including his own self-portrait (above): "Embarrassed to see his own face and to be included on such a
prestigious list, he couldn't bring himself to study it in great depth.
'Nobody had wanted to do the broken glasses (he's wearing cellotaped
specs in the shot) so that was easy, but it was just so embarrassing,'
he says. 'It was very odd.' "
Previously > Need to Know: Gentleman Reg
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'
- India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban
- WATCH: Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream
- A Pope is Person of the Year: Edie Windsor is No. 3
- WATCH: Billy Eichner Gets into Bed with Joan Rivers