Photo Mag Features Jason Bell and the Out 100
By Jessanne Collins
Out 100 photographer Jason Bell and the Out 100 portfolio itself are the subject of The British Journal of Photography's cover story this month. Bell shares technical details of how he pulled off the three-city, 100-subject shoot in just two months and shares anecdotes from the road, including this cute tidbit about how shy he was about including his own self-portrait (above): "Embarrassed to see his own face and to be included on such a
prestigious list, he couldn't bring himself to study it in great depth.
'Nobody had wanted to do the broken glasses (he's wearing cellotaped
specs in the shot) so that was easy, but it was just so embarrassing,'
he says. 'It was very odd.' "
Previously > Need to Know: Gentleman Reg
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Fashion Blog - What Truman Says Goes
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.