Photo Mag Features Jason Bell and the Out 100
By Jessanne Collins
Out 100 photographer Jason Bell and the Out 100 portfolio itself are the subject of The British Journal of Photography's cover story this month. Bell shares technical details of how he pulled off the three-city, 100-subject shoot in just two months and shares anecdotes from the road, including this cute tidbit about how shy he was about including his own self-portrait (above): "Embarrassed to see his own face and to be included on such a
prestigious list, he couldn't bring himself to study it in great depth.
'Nobody had wanted to do the broken glasses (he's wearing cellotaped
specs in the shot) so that was easy, but it was just so embarrassing,'
he says. 'It was very odd.' "
Previously > Need to Know: Gentleman Reg
- Beyoncé Liberated
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'