The Notable (Out) Books of 2009
By Jessanne Collins
This Sunday's edition of The New York Times Book Review names 100 Notable Books of 2009 and several works by honorees of our own "best of" list -- the Out 100 -- made the cut. Among them: Frank Bruni's Born Round, Sarah Waters's The Little Stranger, and Edmund White's City Boy, and, on the children's list, Nick Burd's debut young adult novel The Vast Fields of Ordinary. The Times also gives a nod to other Out 2009 faves including Stacey D'Erasmo's The Sky Below and Dave Cullen's Columbine. Congrats to all the notables, and, for that matter, anyone who earns themselves a spot in a year-end round up!
- Beyoncé Liberated
- My 10 Most Shocking Memories of Michael Alig
- LISTEN: Britney Spears and Sia Do Acoustic "Passenger"
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- EXCLUSIVE: Matt Bomer Explains How The Normal Heart Changed His Life
- The 10 Gayest Movies Ever Made!