Chatter: Jane Velez-Mitchell
By Noah Michelson
coming out as gay has not only NOT negatively impacted my career, it’s
actually been a plus! People love it when you reveal yourself for who
you really are. The fact is most people are pretty much obsessed with
themselves so they don’t really care who you fall in love with. All the
fear I had about coming out was self-generated. The sky didn’t fall
down. The sun came up the next morning. Eureka!"
-- Television host Jane Velez-Mitchell on how coming out has impacted her career. For more on Velez-Mitchell, see her Out 100 page where we're honoring her as one of the 100 gay, lesbian, and trans people of the year.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Anne Rice Brings Back Lestat For New Novel
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters