Two Words: Cat Idol
By Jessanne Collins
American Idol revolutionized the music industry, yanking the task of crowning new pop royalty out of the hands of stodgy old execs and handing it to the common people -- the glorious, unrefined mass of us, clutching our cell phones in one hand and a Butterfinger in the other. So it was only a matter of time before the earth-shattering formula should spread to an industry that was perhaps among the oldest and stodgiest on the planet -- the cat show.
Gone are the days of highly esteemed professionals wielding magnifying glasses and measuring tapes to determine who the top cat is by their stuffy standards! History made at New York City's CFA Iams Cat Idol competition at the CFA-AKC Meet the Breeds event October 17-18, when for the first time a popular vote will determine the winning cat.
This is a new era of cat celebrity, one in which we, the people, have the power to democratically elect our favorite feline! (Is it any coincidence that the celebrity cat circuit is currently ruled by a Bombay who goes by the name Barack Obama?) Get over to the Javits Center, people, and do your civic duty.
Previously > DWTS Gets Homo-tastic
READER COMMENTS (
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team