The Lilith Fair Rises From the Ashes
By Jessanne Collins
McLachlan and Pink, together at last! Photo: Getty Images
Lest we forget that starring in tear-jerking abused puppy ads is merely Sarah McLachlan's secondary career, the '90s alt–easy listening maven is making a return to her roots: helming the 2010 comeback of the Lilith Fair. If those two words immediately conjure an aesthetically contradictory image of shaved heads and flowing skirts, consider that the original tour, though short-lived, was the highest grossing touring festival of 1997 and, in its two years, gathered such diverse and sapphically oriented acts as Missy Elliot, The Pretenders, Queen Latifah, Indigo Girls, and Tegan and Sara together under one roof, er, tent.
Come to think of it, the '00s have been no less awesome for women in music than the '90s were, so yeah, OK, we'd be excited to see an updated lineup of esteemed and estrogenic acts. (Our nominees: The Gossip, Rihanna, Metric, Gaga, Feist, Cat Power, Regina Spektor, Lilly Allen, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- and that's just the main stage!). That is, we would be excited if we weren't way too old to go to music festivals. The first round of cities has been announced; watch the site for announcements of the real-life lineup.
Previously > The Annual Emery Awards
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Dave Franco: 'You've Literally Seen Me Have Sex With Myself'
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out