Fast & Furious: Tiesto
By Noah Michelson
Who is on your list of dream collaborators?
Muse and Santigold.
If you weren’t a DJ what do you think you’d be doing?
I would definitely be in music, maybe something backstage. I’ve always loved music and I’ve always wanted to be involved in it somehow.
You’ve been in the music industry a long time. How has it changed from when you first started?
Really in the last year, when I started working on this album, I realized I should be more open to working on lots of different kinds of styles. The album inspired me to be more eclectic and play with pop and rock mixtures. I’m basically all over the place and it just makes sense -- people seem to like it.
Do you prefer DJing live to being in the studio?
It’s fun to be in the studio but to be in front of an audience you get to be involved directly with thousands of people who are there to hear your music.
After all the gigs you’ve played, does it ever get old?
No. I think I found my second wind. It was getting a little old but now with this new album and the style I’m playing, it makes it very fresh for me. I reinvented myself -- there’s still progress happening. I’m not completely dead yet [Laughs].
Previously > Annie Lennox's Ultimate Video Mash Up
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'