The Newlywed Game Goes Gay
By Jessanne Collins
In a move sure to titillate stay-at-home Grandmas across the nation, actor George Takei and his husband Brad Altman will break new ground as the first gay couple to appear on The Newlywed Game. "What we want is to display the normality and the joy of having a happy union," Takei said.
The couple, who got married last year in California but have been together for 22 years, will star on a celebrity edition of the Game Show Network staple, in which couples are tested on their intimate knowledge of one another. The show has been on and off the air since 1967, and is now hosted by Carnie Wilson (who knew?), who says she has been pushing for an all-gay episode.
"It's needed at this point," she said. "To me, this is not anything political. This is not a political statement. This show has always been about couples and how well they know each other."
Previously > Warming Up for VH1 Divas
Photo: Getty Images
READER COMMENTS (
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!