James Franco Continues to Pursue a Queer Education
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
He's already made a student film based on gay poets Anthony Hecht and Frank Bidart, and now James Franco is continuing to up the gay ante by enrolling himself in Queer Cinema, an undergraduate course at New York University.
According to NYULocal.com, Franco caused "a mild frenzy" when he was seen on the department's floor but spies on campus claim the Milk star didn't show up for the first class earlier this week. If and when Franco does finally park himself behind a desk he'll be treated to the following:
Week 1: “You Don’t Know Dick: The Courageous Hearts of Transsexual Men” (1997 documentary)
Week 2: “Mom’s Apple Pie: The Heart of the Lesbian Mothers’ Custody Movement” (2006 documentary)
Week 3: “Loads” (12 minute film from 1971)
Week 7: “Bottom Values: Anal Economics in History of Black
Neighborhoods” and “When are Dirty Details and Scenes Compelling?
Tucked in the Cuts of Interracial Anal Rape,” both readings pulled from
Kathryn Stockton’s book, Beautiful Bottoms, Beautiful Shame.
Previously > James Franco Wades Further Into The Gay End
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off
- Outgrowing Texas: A Gay Adolescence Under the Lone Star
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS