James Franco Continues to Pursue a Queer Education
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
He's already made a student film based on gay poets Anthony Hecht and Frank Bidart, and now James Franco is continuing to up the gay ante by enrolling himself in Queer Cinema, an undergraduate course at New York University.
According to NYULocal.com, Franco caused "a mild frenzy" when he was seen on the department's floor but spies on campus claim the Milk star didn't show up for the first class earlier this week. If and when Franco does finally park himself behind a desk he'll be treated to the following:
Week 1: “You Don’t Know Dick: The Courageous Hearts of Transsexual Men” (1997 documentary)
Week 2: “Mom’s Apple Pie: The Heart of the Lesbian Mothers’ Custody Movement” (2006 documentary)
Week 3: “Loads” (12 minute film from 1971)
Week 7: “Bottom Values: Anal Economics in History of Black
Neighborhoods” and “When are Dirty Details and Scenes Compelling?
Tucked in the Cuts of Interracial Anal Rape,” both readings pulled from
Kathryn Stockton’s book, Beautiful Bottoms, Beautiful Shame.
Previously > James Franco Wades Further Into The Gay End
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models