Dance the Summer Away with the Freemasons
By Noah Michelson
Fret not. Though fall is in the air, there’s one more summer dance party to look forward to -- after all the season, isn’t officially over until September 21. Sunday night the Saint at Large presents U.K. DJs-cum-producers the Freemasons at the Beach at Governor’s Island just outside of New York City.
You might not have heard of them, but chances are you love their work. Consider this: When Kelly Rowland released her single “Work” last year, it dropped with a thud; the Freemasons remix, however, shot to the top 10 of several international charts. Which version do you remember?
A modern-day version of the legendary producing trio Mike Stock, Matt Aitken, and Peter Waterman -- who were responsible for Kylie Minogue’s lasting ’80s hits -- the Freemasons (duo Russell Small and James Wiltshire) have made a name for themselves since 2005 by remixing the likes of Beyonce and Whitney Houston -- to name just a few divas who have benefited from their golden touch. Dance under the stars one last time on Sunday, September 20 at 6pm.
-- JOE MEJIA
Previously > Weekend OUT in Atlantic City
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team