Sex and the Stranger: Dan Savage taping HBO pilot
By Jessanne Collins
Dan Savage, the renowned sexpert known for dispensing no-nonsense advice alongside linguistic coups, may be taking his ample wit and wisdom to premium cable. The syndicated alt-weekly columnist and gay-life memoirist is currently in L.A. working on a pilot for an HBO series. "I'm hoping to bring a new kind of conversation to TV about sex," he writes on his blog. "An
honest conversation, one that's informed without being (too) wonky,
funny without being (too) cruel, sexy without being (too) cheesy.
Basically, my sex-advice column—but on the teevee!" If you're in L.A. and in a participatory mood, you can try to get tickets to this Thursday's taping here.
-- JESSANNE COLLINS
Previously > Safe Sex Is Contagious
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- Team Bey
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet