Community Service + Booze = Endless Summer?
By Matt Vella
I've never been good at math certainly, but when I got wind of a crazy internship program for adults offered by Malibu Rum -- to spend a week gratis scuba diving in the Philippines, the Maldives or off the coast of Thailand -- it all added up to me.
At this point you're wistfully wishing the summer would never end or, maybe, hatching plans to leak incriminating photos of that asshole you're friend convinced you to go in on that share house with as soon as it's over. Either way, thanks to a coconut rum the likes of which you may not have considered drinking since you pretended to like that girl on your hall freshman year summer's only just begun.
Malibu Rum recently partnered with the Reef Check, a preservation and educational non-profit founded in 1996 committed to conserving reefs around the world. "Become a Malibu Beach Intern" is equal parts getting your island on and saving the planet. Well, maybe not equal parts, but it's far more socially responsible than what you did last weekend. And it's an internship that's totally for adults.
The details are available here, but the upshot is this: Malibu Rum is paying for ten people to spend a week in a ridiculously beautiful and exotic location, spending your days surveying the ocean floor and reporting your data back to the scientists at Reef Check, and your nights presumably reacquainting yourself with Malibu.
-- Bill Keith
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- EXCLUSIVE: Elton John Performing Benny and the Jets During Concert Film Million Dollar Piano