America's Best Dance Crew's Gay Group Works It
By Gregory Evan Miller
Season Four of America's Best Dance Crew premiered last night, and Vogue Evolution, the team we previewed for you here, worked it to the fullest.
The group consists of four fabulous gay men and one super hot transsexual, Leyomy. The team's unique dance style is Voguing, which has been prominent in the underground clubs of Harlem for quite some time and then plundered by Madonna and made famous around the world. While Leyomy may be getting all the attention here, we'd like to draw your attention to the ridiculously awesome big boy who holds his own. He's like a queer Tracy Turnblad.
Just as we expected, the judge's reactions to Vogue Evolution were absolutely hilarious. While JC Chasez and Lil Mama kept their cool, super thug Shane Sparks was a little lost for words. Nevertheless, he compares Leyomy and the boys to Flashdance. Fierce!
Check out the video above to see their introduction, performance, and the judges' critiques. Be sure to follow this season Sundays at 9PM on MTV and then vote to keep the gays in the running.
-- GREGORY MILLER
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Watch the New Trailer for Orange Is the New Black Season 2
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Queer Producers Making Waves In Hollywood
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki